The following fees are designed to provide equitable service to all customers, individually and collectively.
- Account fees
- New account setup: $10.00
- Returned check (NSF) charge: $15.00
- Water Meter Usage Calculation Fee: $20.00
- Late Fees
- Past due notice: $3.00
- Disconnection notice: $12.00
- Reconnection fees
- During regular office hours: $25.00
- After regular office hours: $165.00
- At the pole reconnect during regular office hours: $165.00
- At the pole reconnect after regular office hours: $500.00
- Tamper fees
- Meter “First time”: $350.00*
- Meter “Additional times”: $500.00*
- Fire Hydrant “First time”: $500.00*
- Fire Hydrant “Additional times”: $1,000.00*
*Plus actual cost of damages
Note: MEWCo’s regular business hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday thru Friday
Unauthorized Meter Entry Fee (Meter Entry Without Prior Authorization)
The electric meter is the sole property of Modern Electric Water Company and may not be tampered with or removed by anyone other than MEWCo personnel. If a meter seal needs to be removed for an electrician to perform some work, permission must be obtained before any work begins. Unauthorized entry by any party, including a licensed electrician, will result in the member being charged a $350 “Meter Tamper” fee. It is also the member’s responsibility to report broken meter glass or cut meter seals to MEWCo immediately.
Access to Electric Facilities
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide reasonable and safe access for MEWCo personnel to read the meters and/or to service and maintain the meters and equipment located on the customer’s property.